New Student Enrollment
Welcome to the Rowan-Salisbury School System! We look forward to partnering with you to guide your child to academic and career success. Registration must be done at the school for which your child is zoned to attend. Attendance zones are based on the physical property address where you and your child reside.
Please be prepared to provide the following items when enrolling your child:
- Student's birth certificate
- Approved ID of parent/guardian
- Proof of domicile
- Immunization record
- Health Assessment in accordance with North Carolina law - Required for any student, Kindergarten - 12th grade, enrolling into a NC Public School for the first time.
Find My School based on my address
The window of opportunity to apply for student reassignment for the 2023-2024 school year will be from January 17, 2023, to February 14, 2023. The window will close on February 15th to allow for processing.
There is no further opportunity to apply for transfers for the 2022-2023 school year.
Acceptable Reasons for Transfer from one Rowan-Salisbury Schools location to another
- Current RSS Employee: Parent/guardian is a current permanent employee with Rowan County Schools. Discretionary Admission is only acceptable within the district in which the parent/guardian works. Employment will be verified by the Student Assignment office. (Tuition is waived)
- Childcare Proximity: The student’s before- or after-school childcare providers are in closer proximity to the receiving school. Verification of the childcare provider is required with the application and will be verified. Childcare issues that result in an approved reassignment for an elementary student must be resolved prior to enrollment at the middle or high school level.
- Special Services: In the case of students with disabilities, a student may be reassigned by the Exceptional Children's Department based on the services and programming needed by the student.
- Anticipated Relocation/Move: A lease agreement or building contract is required.
- Work Proximity: Parent/guardian’s place of employment is in closer proximity to the receiving school. Verification will be required. Work proximity issues that result in an approved reassignment for an elementary student must be resolved prior to enrollment at the high school level.
Questions regarding all transfer requests should be submitted to Traci Bost.
Applications and forms are available below.
BOE policy 4150 Student Assignment
Domicile Change Form
Student Reassignment Policy
Student Reassignment & Supporting Documentation
The open transfer window closed on February 14th for processing. There is no further opportunity for High School Academy requests. Please check back April 17th for the Transfer waitlist application.
We are still accepting Out of County Transfers!
2023-2024 Transfer Waitlist
2023-2024 Dual Language Immersion Academy (Isenberg Elementary School only)
2023-2024 Competency-Based Education Program (Morgan Elementary School only)
2023-2024 Out of County Transfer Acceptance / Release Application
Reassignment Specialist Contact